Friday 12 October 2012

Easter Egg Nests!

I think I can safely say that pretty much everyone makes these at Easter! They're one of those things you carry on making right from childhood!
This year I made them with my two friends Ginny and Georgia, who i've known since I was 4 and we added little baby chicks on top- cute!


The recipe:

(makes 12 but can easily double the mixture)
-225g/8oz of Chocolate (can use dark/milk/white)
-2 tbsp Golden Syrup
-50g/2oz Butter
-75g/3oz of Rice Krispies/Cornflakes (or any cereal you fancy!)
-Cadbury's Mini Eggs to go on top

To make:

-Put the cupcake cases on to any flat tray
-Melt the chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth
-Remove the bowl from the heat and gently add the cereal. Stir until it is all coated in the chocolate mixture 
-Then divide the mixture between all the cupcake cases and press a few mini eggs on to the top of each one.
-Leave to set for about an hour in the fridge, or if you cant resist eat them straight away!


After my afternoon of baking with Ginny and Georgia, we decided to celebrate with a curry at Shahanaz in Haslemere! Here is Ginny and I tucking into our Curry's! 



No comments:

Post a Comment