Monday 22 April 2013

Chocolate Biscuit Cake


It has been a very long time since I last did a post! So I have decided that it is about time I got back on my baking wagon! I have been cooking some wonderful things over Easter but I didn't manage to photograph it before I devoured them!
I was recently at Rosie's house (one of my very best friends!) and we decided to do a bit of baking, and we were reminded of Chocolate biscuit fridge cake, who one of our best friends Flo, used to make!



Chocolate biscuit cake is utterly delicious and is very quick and easy to whip up as it doesn't need baking as you set it in the fridge. Another very important factor to note is that it is a favourite of Prince William, who had it as part of his wedding cake- great choice by him!

Heres the recipe: (photos below!)

(makes about 12 big squares, 24 mini bites)

-125g butter
-250g Digestive biscuits (or your choice of biscuit!)
-200g Chocolate (I used 100g of dark and 100g of Milk)
-2 tbsp Golden syrup
-Extras to add: Chocolate bars/marshmallows/nuts/raisins..

How to make:

-Crush up the biscuits in a large bowel with the end of a rolling pin.

-Melt the Chocolate, Butter and Golden syrup in a pan over a medium-low heat and stir until melted.

-Stir in the Chocolate mixture to the biscuits and mix until fully coated and combined. Then add any extras you fancy.

-Pour the mixture in to a suitably sized tin and pop it in the fridge for a few hours, (or the freezer if you cant wait!)

-Then cut it in to squares of your preferred size and enjoy! 

YUM.


The very simple ingredients.



Chocolate biscuit mixture pressed in to tin!



Chocolate biscuit cake cut and ready for eating!



Close up of the inside.







This is Rosie's and my Rolo Chocolate biscuit cake that we made before,
Mmmmm!


Enjoy!

More recipes to follow before too long... X


No comments:

Post a Comment