Sunday 14 October 2012

Delights on the Cote d'Azur!

 At the beginning of September I went to the South of France with my parents to stay at one of our neighbour's Villas! It was still very hot and sunny which was great and very much needed after the horrid weather in the UK.
France just has the best food, everything looks amazing- fruit and veg, bread, pastries and cheese! 



The tomatoes above were absolutely enormous and had a lovely flavour. I came across these little heart shaped Camembert's which I thought were very sweet!




We were staying near St Tropez down on the Cote d'Azur which is such a beautiful town on the Mediterranean sea, but it has become a bit touristy due to celebrities coming and going. But the harbour is very impressive with huge yachts! We went to the Saturday market there, where we got some new reading glasses (I'm wearing them above!) and I got a raffia bag!

We then had to get some 'glace', I had pecan and Kinder bueno flavour - it was utterly delicious!


Rose wine is very popular in the South of France, and my parents and I are very interested in wines and always try and visit vineyards when we are in France. So we visited the 'Domaine de la Croix' which was just outside the town of La Croix val Mer. We had a tour and saw the vats where they keep the wine and we also saw the grapes being poured in to them.
We then had a taste of the wines they have on offer and tried the pure grape juice straight out of the press - which was very sweet! 




No comments:

Post a Comment