Friday 21 June 2013

Vegetable Samosas


Following on from my birthday dinner, I made these vegetable samosas which are also vegan! 
I used My New Roots recipe, which you can find here:

They were really delicious, and I like the fact that they are made using rice paper! (I managed to get the rice paper in Whole Foods). They have a lovely indian flavour, and are unusual as they have desiccated coconut and chopped nuts inside! Try them for yourself and see!

Here are some pictures of me making my veggie samosas, but follow the link above to see the original recipe and how to. 


These are the rice paper sheets that I used for the samosas.


This is the veggie mixture- it tasted great on its own!


Here I am putting the filling on to the rice paper halves before folding up.


These are the veggie samosas all rolled up and ready for baking. 
I didn't get any photos of the finished product unfortunately as they were so scrummy we ate them too quickly! 


Enjoy! 

x



No comments:

Post a Comment