Friday 21 June 2013

Chocolate chip banana ice cream

Like a lot of other people, I have become rather partial to banana ice cream all of a sudden! I first made it about 6 months ago when I came across it on Pinterest. I have up till now been making the plain banana flavour with a spoon or two of nut butter in, but I thought it was about time I tried a chocolate version. And I am pleased to announce that this chocolate chip banana ice cream is utterly delicious and creamy just like dairy ice cream! Aaaaand it is the easiest recipe EVER!

Recipe: (makes a large tub)

- 10 very ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 tbsp Green and Blacks unsweetened cocoa powder
- Dark chocolate chips/ bar chopped in to small pieces


To make:

- Chop the bananas in to rounds, put in to a freezer bag and then in to the freezer. Freeze them overnight or for several hours until completely frozen.

- Pop the frozen banana pieces in to your food processor and whizz. This will take quite some time, so dont be alarmed if it seems slow. You will need to scrape down the sides and stir the mixture quite often.

- Once the mixture becomes smooth and creamy, this is when you add the cocoa powder. Whizz again to combine, and then add the chocolate chips and whizz again. 

- Now you can either eat the ice cream straight away as a soft serve ice cream, or as I do, pop it in to an air tight container and back in to the freezer to become more solid.

- Enjoy! - I like to top my ice cream with more chocolate chips/ chopped nuts or crumbled Amaretti biscuits for a delicious healthy treat!

Note: You will need to take the ice cream out of the freezer about 20 mins before you want to eat it to unthaw a little as it is quite hard, or pop it in to the microwave!













Enjoy!!

Pippa 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment