Sunday 8 September 2013

My little French BBQ and Quibelle

I am about to head off to the south of France for 3 months to learn about Wine and the French language- very exciting! So I had a little leaving BBQ at my house- French themed of course. 


Sarah, one of my most favourite people in the world was there and she is responsible for the following photos of the lunch I prepared for my lovely friends. She is also responsible for the delicious biscotti and the recipe of the peach quinoa! You can find these recipes on her fabulous blog, Quibelle: http://quibelleslk.blogspot.co.uk/ and the links to the recipes are below. I highly recommend you check out her blog, she has put together a lovely collection of fashion, food, interior design and many other things to keep you scrolling until you reach the end! 

For my French themed BBQ, I made Turkey and courgette burgers, Halloumi and Mediterranean vegetable skewers, a Peach Quinoa salad, Greek Tzatziki and a healthy Potato salad (recipe below). 

For a treat afterwards I made some chocolate and pistachio biscuits (recipe in a previous blog post of mine) and a fruit salad, and my friend Fee bought a fabulous Tarte au Citron that she had made and then the biscotti from Sarah!



Halloumi and Mediterranean Vegetable skewer Recipe:
(makes about 25 skewers)

- 2 Courgettes
- 1 Large Aubergine
- 3 Peppers, yellow or red
- 2 Red onions
- 3 very large Mushrooms
- 2 Packets of Halloumi

To make:

- Simply chop all of the ingredients in to similar sized chunks and thread on to some bamboo skewers

- Then either BBQ them or grill them for about 10/15 minutes until the vegetables are cooked and the Halloumi is nice and crispy around the edges!



Peach Quinoa recipe from Quibelle:






A selection of delicious treats! And a salad of strawberries, nectarines and blueberries



My French themed patio with red, white and blue bunting!


The lovely Flo and I dressed up in obligatory French stripes! 


xXx


No comments:

Post a Comment