Monday 22 April 2013

Valenica with my Chicas'!

I have been very lucky and have just returned from several days in Valencia with my wonderful Keebles! Laura is out in Valencia for her year abroad and Sarah has gone out to stay with her for a while! So I jumped on the plane with them and went to see what spanish life out there is like! 
Whilst over there I had some delicious things cooked for me by Laura, also Tapas and fabulous Manchego cheese (one of my favourites!)

We visited Mercado Central, which is supposedly the biggest indoor market in Spain! This was very exciting for me.. with Iberian ham, dried fruits, Olives, Cheese and many other delights on every corner it was hard to resist!



Here you can see the market in all its glory!
Below, this man sold me some lovely dried figs.


Below are the beautiful Laura and Sarah, looking lovely in the sun!



Above is me on Laura's favourite bridge, which was very old and Romanesque!



Sarah and I managed to make it to the top of the Cathedral tower, after a very winding and claustrophobic climb!
Below, I am having a well deserved breather at the top!


The Keebs and I went out for Tapas in a lovely spanish restaurant  and had some celebratory Spanish red wine, along with an autumnal salad, anchovies on little toastadas, Goats cheese samosas and Beef Carpaccio! It was delicious and so cheap! (If only London had places like that!)



Cheers to Valencia!
And below is our Autumnal artichoke salad, I didn't manage to photograph the rest as I was too hungry hehe!



Above, Sarah and I,
Below, Laura and Sarah looking lovely!


Below are Laura and I!




After our Tapas, we went to the Andalusian festival they had on in the City. It was a sea of women in traditional Flamenco dresses, Iberian Ham, Cheese and Tapas!



 Whilst Laura was at her lectures, Sarah and I did a spot of shopping along with some breaks for coffee- very important!


Above is Sarah with her Coffee, and the lovely cups it came in!



I had a wonderful time in Valencia, it is a lovely Spanish city with some scrumptious delights!

X



No comments:

Post a Comment