Saturday 13 July 2013

The Waterside Inn

It was my Mum's 60th birthday a few days ago and we celebrated by going to the 3 Michelin star Waterside Inn, at Bray on the River Thames. It was 10 years since I was last there, and it was even more wonderful than it was before. 
The service is impeccable, and the food is so light and delicious- perfect for the hot summers day that it was. 
The location is beautiful, right on the river Thames. We had a bottle of champagne and some delectable looking canapes on the terrace overlooking the river before going in to dine.

I love the Roux brothers and their food, my parents are particular fans of Le Gavroche in London which is Michel Roux Jnr's restaurant. Alain Roux is the head chef at the Waterside Inn, and it is completely worthy of its 3 Michelin stars! I would highly recommend anyone go there, maybe not everyday but certainly for a special occasion!



These were our beautiful selection of canapes. 



Below is the Cheese board selection that we had.


My plate of cheese.


We then enjoyed copious amounts of coffee and petit fours outside on the terrace after our lunch!


The beautiful little petit fours!


The birthday girl and my Dad and I!


Looking down the river Thames from the Waterside Inn.




xXx



No comments:

Post a Comment